Saturday 14 April 2012

It is Sunday today and after attending and feeding my pot plants,fired up my 970 and attempted to do a swatch of threadlace. The fine yarn kept on breaking and I finally had to choose another yarn for that.It went well then but the colours are not what I want.There is never the colour that you want and in this case there is no way of blending it either because of the fineness of the fabric.So a frustrating afternoon looking for something suitable in a yarn that can be killed.As I generally only work with wool or cotton this is a bit of a dilemma.
Now I'll go and clean and oil the E6000 and see if the console remembers me.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading about your work on the blog Tineke. I'll look forward to seeing some of the beautiful finished products, and some more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a frustrating day on Sunday, Tineke. I hope you can resolve the colour challenge! My day was better than I'd anticipated because a couple of equipment component problems were resolved - thanks to rummaging in the dusty treasures at deYoungs Salvage! I hope your time on the verandah in the evening relaxed you?

    ReplyDelete