Tuesday 24 July 2012

Handspun knitwoven Jacket

Finished a jacket knit woven with handspun merino wool I did some time ago. Don't do any spinning these days, seem to be too busy with other things. I used to dye my own handspun as well and still have some of that which I mainly use as a feature colour or contrast. When we lived on Hughes Park , I used a lot of soursobs, lichens, which gave the most wonderful deep brown colour or the little sundew bulbs which gave an exciting deep red, but it faded quite quickly.
Once again I am having trouble inserting the photo of the jacket, the laptop will not recognise either the file number or find the relevant folder which holds the picture. So will try again tomorrow.  Hence the photo of the yellow candles which are quite spectacular when the sun is out.
Meanwhile I want to mention that the Goldfish have re appeared today and the frogs are starting again too. Brian thinks it is because the days are lengthening but I wonder if it is the angle of the sun's rays as the shadow in the house is slowly creeping toward the north. The ducks are very much at home now and are not put off by strangers coming past the pond. There was another rabbit too, mooching about among the daisy bushes. The grey thrush has a mate answering this morning so here is hoping they will nest here somewhere. There is a blackbird already nesting in the little shed, having renovated last years nest, so spring can't be far away.
My friend came and played the piano and we had another session with Vivadi's Sonata III and it is coming together...she loves the De Fesch sonata too which is great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment