Sunday 10 June 2012

Soiree @ Tineke'Studio on a winter Sunday

It was a great way to spend a cold day, with friends who were kind enough to come and listen to the four of us play live music.Two violins, a viola and a cello, away we dashed (reverently ofcourse) with Mozart's Ave Maria.Then three Bach pieces, Two Teleman Sonatas and some more modern pieces. It entertained our friends for an hour or so and then we  had a delicious afternoon tea with homemade cakes and biscuits. Every one was very kind in their appreciation of our efforts.Brian took some photos, but because it was my camera and he wasn't familiar with it there was only one to transfer. I will see if I can insert it with this post.
My friend who moved to Maldon a few weeks ago finds she has a friendly ghost in her cottage. It reminded me of when we had first moved to Hughes Park in 1960 and I was looking out of the kitchen window over the horse paddock and I saw a female figure in a long dress and bonnet of the late 1800 dreds holding a basket on her arm walking up a disused track into a gully.It was a hot summer morning and no one from the Homestead was out at that hour because I asked if anyone from there had been walking.
This evening when taking the rubbish bins out, a small new bird was sitting singing a lovely little song in the gumtree and he was pretty too.I looked him up in the birdbook and he is a golden whistler...what joy, I hope he stays like I hope the grey thrush stays too.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment