Friday 15 June 2012

A Bird I do not want to stay at all.....

Last Tuesday when I stood gazing out of the kitchen window drinking my early morning mug of tea, there was a shag, large as life, sitting on a rock at the edge of our pond, looking smug if birds can look smug....he had eaten all our goldfish, all 7 of them!!! well, so I thought. Yesterday I saw one fish swimming around and another which he wasn't able to swallow I guess, lying on the verge, dead as a doornail.So , if he comes back I'll give him such a scare he won't ever come back!!
It does make you wonder where the expression "Dead as a doornail" came from...
Have had a busy week with a dear, recently widowed friend arriving on Tuesday. Wednesday we were out to lunch at a friend's place who has a magnificent garden, even in the winter. Thursday unfortunately I had to mind the Gallery and my friend went out to lunch with her friend who had come all the way from Narracoort to see her. They had lunch at one of the highly over rated places in the district, all designer food with prices to match .Yesterday we had lunch here for five of us with a friend coming up from Adelaide to take her back.
This morning my piano playing friend came and we practiced Vivaldi once more and think we are getting on top of it better now. We also had a bash at de Fesch which is sounding better also.
After lunch I went out to start on tidying the garden but it started to rain and the mowing will have to wait now. We did get a permit finally for burning the mound of branches we can't mulch , we are getting so regulated it is appalling ,our forebears went to war to fight for our freedom and it is slowly but surely being whittled a way.... the picture is ofcourse one of a hawk at the Alice Springs bird sanctuary doing its act....

No comments:

Post a Comment