Tuesday 15 May 2012

Super bags revisited

As I was sweeping the back verandah this morning and lifted the new u- beaut supposedly hygienic, latest artificial material mat, which is leaving its supposedly non staining sweat mark on the pavers, I pondered on where did the superbags we used to use in the 60ies, go? We had any number of them and the moment they were too grotty to grace the back entrance, we got another  clean one out of the shed. We used to use them to rub down the sweaty horse we rode back from mustering the hills, we used to use them for working dogs' bedding, we used to put them in the shed where the car was parked so you didn't put too much dirt in the car as you got in.....those were the days!
I was doing all this before my computer tutor came to give me more instructions on how to fly this jet engine of a laptop and I certainly learned a few more applications which is great.The really good thing is though, that I discovered by myself how to actually get a clear photo insert onto this blog.
Afterwards my tutor was able to get some wonderful photos of the pair of tawny frogmouths  which I had seen in the gumtree on the northern fence. In one photo the frogmouth had its eyes open which is very unusual in the day, they generally sit with their heads up and their eyes mere slits.

1 comment:

  1. oh, Tineke - such good news about Mr & Mrs Tawney returning! Or are they only visiting, while seeking winter quarters; & scouting for the next brooding place for this years chicks? I hope they choose you again.
    That photo above looks very much like a certain place on the Eyre Peninsula where jade is mined....Have you been away? cheerio

    ReplyDelete