Friday 11 May 2012

Fridays musings

We had a lovely meal at the pub last night but unfortunately missed a call from my friend who did a stressful journey from Mollymook NSW to Maldon Victoria on her own with a dog called Daisy and 4 white peace doves in the car to start a new and more interesting life.Her message on the answering machine sounded so whacked and tired, but she at least let me know she had arrived in her new home.I can't contact her as I have no phone numbers.How we rely on our modern communications these days.How did our forebears cope with having to rely on handwritten letters which took at least a month to get to Europe or even further back, more like 6 months..... My friend came this afternoon and played the piano while we again tried to master Vivaldi's Sonata no 3.The largo movements are getting there but the Allegro is a different matter even though we play him at largo speed.I wonder if he was a hyperactive child when he was young? Vivaldi ,I mean, perhaps he would have been very happy in this modern age of furious speed.... We also played Willem De Fesch and that may be an easier piece to play in front of friends one day. Two crested pigeons at different times today flew into our windows with terrific bangs, it didn't kill them or even stun them, but I did worry they may break the windows, another reason for not cleaning them I suppose as they can see through them and see the trees at the other side I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment