Thursday 24 May 2012

Fabulous rain at Willunga

Measured 50ml or 2 inches plus an olive in the raingage this morning and it has continued on most of the day.Amazingly tomorrow, 25th of May is our wedding anniversary and 21 years ago the opening rains came then too.People came out with umbrellas for me as I went into St Anne's church at Aldinga.Our reception was held in the shed which I'd worked very hard at to clear and paint and got forms and tables from the local church.I had done all the food prepping as well for 50 guests! What energy I had then...Chrissie next door did all the serving with a girl to help and it all went off splendidly as I remember...since then it has been an interesting and very different life I have lead compared to the first 50 years.Tomorrow we are going to lunch at D'Arry's Verandah to celebrate and I will get a netsuke as a memento.

No comments:

Post a Comment