Friday 19 April 2013

Thursday Craft Day





Thursdays once a fortnight our craft group meets at someones house and today it was my turn.
The hostess usually supplies a bowl of soup and this time I had made a lettuce soup based on a chicken stock. Served with a dollop of cream from the Farmers Market it was quite a pleasant soup. I got the recipe from an English friend and it is a good way to use an Iceberg lettuce. A home baked loaf of bread spread with a mixture of butter and olive oil I do in the food processor to go with it makes it a good lunch. Coffee was served with a Dutch Apple Cake freshly baked this morning.We all do our individual thing of course
mostly everyone seems to be hand knitting at present, though one member was doing her jewelry. I am doing swatches of knit weaving and have no real project in mind at present. Closures of jackets are a bit of an on going dilemma for me, I do not want to sew on a double bed edge if I can avoid it and tonight I came up with an idea I will have to experiment with first.
I also ordered more yarn from the Bendigo Woollen Mills today and I hope it will get here by the end of next week so that I can start a black jacket for myself.                                                   After lunch some one had suggested my piano playing friend and I play some music for everyone.So we obliged and played Cirri and Vivaldi.I wonder if we will be asked again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment