Tuesday 8 September 2015

Shoulder bag project

My project for this week has started out as a shoulder bag large enough to carry a visual diary.
This I intend to carry with me when we go to Doctors and hospital appointments so I can Zen doodle or practice some drawing...at present I am fascinated by eyes for some reason and trying to get a look of aliveness to them. It is just beautiful how some artists are able to get that shine and life into those globes. When we go to Flinders Hospital the waiting rooms are arranged now with the chairs all facing the large TV screen ...
We never watch TV during the day so it came as a bit of a surprise to me to see the morning shows on this large screen and drawing will be a more interesting thing to do during the endless waits.....
So above you can see the lining of the bag with its pockets pinned ready for glasses case, mobile phone (yes I do have an ancient clam type) small diary and various other articles we carry with us, comb, pencils and keys for PO boxes and other cars....
Above shows they have been sewn. Th material is quite a heavy twill cotton someone gave to me some time ago...amazing how thing you keep for ages will in the end come in useful.
On the right I have knitted a piece of fairisle to be the cover for the bag.It is a mixture of thin yarns in various colours and the pattern is one that is sitting in my electronic knitting machine.
On the right are the two pieces I knitted
the first being too small and I wasn't all that pleased with the orange colour dominating.
It is interesting how measuring the paper pattern against the needle bed and allowing what I thought would be enough needles proved quite wrong and so had to allow an extra five needles both sides on top of the five already done in the first piece.I now have to get it all together....
This morning the cherry plum tree looked so good in full bloom with the magpie to give it some perspective I took quite a few photos of it.
The wormwood bush next to it will have to have a severe haircut soon as it is trying to take over the other plants next to it.
The grevilia Wynpara Gem on the other side of the cherry plum is always in flower and attracts a lot of honeyeaters. I see in the paper we are not the only ones bothered by the increase of the hysterical noisy miner....
I couldn't resist taking a photo of the Shasta Daisy, they look so much like young girls with their hair tossed in the wind with gay abandon..
the paint brush lilies  next to the daisies, with their huge leaves are going to have to be dug up when they die down and divided up and planted in new spots...
A gardeners work is never done....

No comments:

Post a Comment