Friday 4 September 2015

SALA is over and Spring has Sprung....

Well, SALA finished last Sunday after a month of interesting and interested visitors to the Studio at the weekends during August. We did our own visiting of artists studios and galleries during the week. Someone remarked they admired the generosity of all the artists participating during the SALA month for opening their studios and workplaces so the public could see their work which otherwise would not be seen.
I particularly admired John Lacey's studio & Green Tank Gallery at Mt Compass.
Uta Mooney's Art of fiction at Signal Point Goolwa was very intriguing
and gave a great idea of what to do with all the piles of books we have accumulated over the years.
The four little textile art pictures above, have found a new home which is a great thrill.
Even greater thrill was the fact that one of my artist booklets called "Dwellings" has also found a new and much appreciated home....
The bonded fiber on a background of fairisle knitting with embroidery and fine wire knitted pieces on the right, called "Pathways of the Mind" is staying home....

The pair of Black duck which have again returned to our pond this season to procreate their species are a pleasure to observe from our kitchen window where I also take the photos, hence the clarity may leave a bit to be desired.
They cavort around and do a little swimming dance display before deciding to create yet another duckling and she nearly drowns in the process....then there is a lot of splooshing about and grooming to resettle their feathers...
The white faced Heron is also a frequent visitor now, as he (or she, how can you tell?...) has discovered our goldfish and I watched a fish being caught but it must have been too big or strong as it plopped back into the water and hopefully has learned not to get too close to the edge of its domain. This morning the heron chased off a magpie which was mooching along under the olive tree sampling the Kalamatas ...
This photo is a sunrise, from a couple of weeks ago, we generally seem to always take sunsets
but this is a sunrise even though you can't tell it is looking East instead of West. The colours are so fantastic at times they can be unbelievably beautiful and almost unreal...
Feel free to leave a comment and also remember
to click on the photos to get a closer look.....

3 comments:

  1. As usual a wonderful blog. These my dear could become a book one day. As a non Facebook fan ( that's me) I wonder if the Blogging is the better way to communicate. I say this as I found out yesterday I again missed important information., Why didn't I know. well as the people involved communicate by Facebook. Aggh
    Thanks for the images "red sky in the morning a Shepherd warning?" The spring beauty and the updates.
    With affection to all H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind,Hannah, about my blogs. I am not sure about communicating via a blog if you need to impart instant news. Like you I do not like facebook and don't use my site at all...but blogging is fun and a good way to keep records of daily life....

      Delete
  2. Your sunrise photo is quite stunning and if you had describe it I would have thought it was fire in the background.

    Once upon a time I refused to use Facebook but when your sons, especially one who writes very little tells you "Mom, it is the best way to find out what we are doing" Well, what could I do. However, I have been thrilled to find all sorts of great sites related to fiber arts...okay, more than I have time to read.

    ReplyDelete