Saturday 5 September 2015

Rainy Sundays

Yesterday was a fine day and I got some good pictures of the white faced Heron with its reflection in our pond. It really is a regal sort of a bird. I fear for our frogs though, what with the goldfish eating the frog spawn and now the heron lurking around and able to poke its sharp beak into the nooks and crannies of the rocks and slate surrounding the pond....so I am not fussed if the goldfish are food for the Heron because it will give the frogs a better chance to survive. We did at one stage have a special frog pond next to the big pond but it was not a good design and used to dry out too quickly....could be another project....among the hundreds a of other projects I seem to have on the go...in my head anyway...

It is raining again this morning which is great but had to come in and stop the weeding in the front part of the garden near the pond. Did manage to plant out some dark Agapanthus plants
 in places I thought may suit them.
Yesterday too, I caught the ducks busy grooming themselves after their usual mating session instead of having a cigarette and I love the way the teal flashes show up under their wings. No idea where their nest is or how many eggs they have laid so far. It could be that their nest is near the euphemistically called "Wet Lands just up the road from here......
 They then went and stood on the rocks almost as though they were waiting for their Olympic Medals.
They are back again this morning investigating the heaps of weeds I haven't yet cleared away.
I haven't hear the blackbirds starting their spring songs yet but did wonder why the female was making the warning noise while I was weeding..
is there a nest nearby in the climbing rose?
Getting back to Studio matters, perhaps it may be of interest to some of my readers that the group of the garments made earlier this year were also there during the SALA month and I sold three of them which was great. Most were knit-woven but the butterfly design was a fairisle knitted one and one was done with the garter carriage.
This afternoon may be a good time to go into the Studio and start on a shoulder bag I want to make so as to be able to carry a visual diary with me for when we have to sit in doctors and hospital waiting rooms...
Doodling mostly....

3 comments:

  1. I love your regal heron reflection photograph.
    They do look like Olympic ducks! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paul and Gina, it is always great to have people appreciate ones photos and also to know the blog is being read.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your photos are wonderful because I feel as if I am sitting right there.

    ReplyDelete