Tuesday 11 September 2012

Spring has Sprung



Spring is really here, the blackbirds are singing their beautiful, liquid songs early in the morning. It is lovely to wake up and listen to their serenades before getting up and starting the day one's self. Making tea in the ancient teapot used for at least a half a century, and sipping the comforting liquid in my little mug made by a Japanese master potter is pure delight. I write my journal of reflections and observations in the quiet of the early morning alongside my pottery mug.This morning though, here was a giant kangaroo hopping in our paddock, rabbits are bad enough and now we can add a kangaroo as well! Mind you, I think the meek, in the form of little black ants, seem to be inheriting the earth!! They are dropping from the pineboard ceiling and marching all over the carpet. Not only that, today, when I finally managed to start burning some of the little heaps of deadfall, any branch I picked up, some ant or other bit my wrist or crawled up my arm.Still, I got a little bit done and after taking Brian to the doctor, came back and did some mowing as well, so the place doesn't look quite so hairy.
Tonight I picked up my artist friend who had the pacemaker fitted last week, and took her to the launch of the second edition of the Fleurieu Living Magazine. in which there was an article describing my friends artistic beginnings in London and her developement into the digital photographic era. It was held at the Penny's Hill venue, half way between Willunga and McLarenVale, behind a beautiful Georgean cottage. The place was crowded when we got there, but we got a wine and joined the people all standing in their little groups. I knew no one, but always find it interesting to observe. Finger food was passed around by attractive young things and the wine was flowing if you wanted it.At one stage I felt like a little tranquil island in the midst of a sea of noise. The magazine is very well presented and has beautiful photography.
We left after the launch and I was home in time to notate the weather maps presented on the ABC after the news. We are to get more rain tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment