Saturday 8 September 2012

Lights on in the Gallery

We went into Willunga this morning to see if the Gallery was open and it was. The building has been sold but no one knows at this stage who to or if we will be able to afford to stay on. I'll make a few more scarves to put in and hopefully sell. My fabric collages are displayed standing up and as they are at eye level there may be a better chance of them being sold or at least looked at. I got a lot of favorable comments on the collages I did as tribute to my parents which was encouraging.
We then went to the Farmers' Market and got some honey from the beekeeper. Across the road is the Artisan Market which is sadly depleted now, it could well be that I go back there again as it is only once a month for five or so hours against two full days in the gallery. Then walked back through the Quarry Market and I got the olive oil which is straight from the producer and very well priced $14 for two liters and $1 back on the flagon!! how good is that? Brian meanwhile got his tomato plants from another stall to plant out soon.
After lunch got the 12 horse power self  propelled mower out which started straight away. It is always a joy if it starts and I find mowing quite a meditative practice. There is something deeply satisfying seeing long grass and weeds transformed by their haircut. The chooks love scratching through the windrows of cuttings. I also saw the bronze wing pigeon poking about near the pond this afternoon and the grey thrushes are definitely staying and singing their little hearts out. The willy wagtail has donned his breeding eyebrows and getting very aggressive with another male which was hanging around.
Have been trying to get the PhotoMaker to work to transpose old slides to the laptop but cannot get it to work. Found some advice on their website but there is one step which isn't there for me to perform, so frustrating as it would be good to have them all together in a folder in the computer.Will wait till my computer friend has a morning to come and show me. He is a whiz and gets menues up I don't know about.
One of my friends rang me this morning to say she is back in the McLarenVale hospital, recuperating from having a pacemaker inserted on Friday, medical help can be amazing at times. She thinks she will be able to go home on Monday!!
Sunday 9th September
My friend asked me to pick her up from the hospital tomorrow morning to take her home and I shall be very happy to do so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment