Monday 6 August 2012

Roosters yet again

This time I have altered my tactics and go in like a Roman gladiator, rugged up in my rain jacket and my fish landing net, not a trident of course, but the feed bowl. It has  had a dramatic effect, the rooster stays well clear but so do the hens which I feel sad about as they are gentle creatures and I hate to see them distrustful of me.
The frogs have returned with a vengeance and are predicting Spring as there is frog spawn in the pond since Thursday, the gold fish haven't helped themselves to it which is unlike them. The ducks too, have disappeared and the last time they were here they seemed nervous, so I wonder if they are nesting up the road somewhere after all that duckling making they did in the pond a few weeks ago.
The grey thrush is definitely staying around and I love his beautiful song in the morning. It seems to be investigating the area around the verandahs, so who knows, we may have a brood of them in spring.The nechenalias look very pretty and I am getting more and more enthused by bulbs.The brazillian blue bells are popping up everywhere too and they will put on a very blue show indeed.
Today I finished my black batwing jumper with silver grey trim on the neckline and the cuffs. Have started a seamless jacket this afternoon with the new Persian yarn from Bendigo woollen mills , I'll knit in some side gussets to make it more roomy over the hips.I hope it will still look elegant. I did finish the light grey jacket too so I'll take fotos of them and insert them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment