Monday 20 August 2012

Bronze wings and Bluetongues

We have been hearing the booming of the Bronze wing pigeon the last few days, Brian finds it a monotonous sound, the booming is quiet but quite distinct. Then yesterday he pointed out the bluetongue lizard near the flower bed on the verandah. It looked dead to me, Brian thought it was OK. I couldn't resist touching it to see if it really was alright, he swung around and let me know he was not amused...oh, well, the chooks had already annoyed him earlier as I had heard them cackling away and at the time wondered what they were scolding.This afternoon we found him sunning himself on top of a bag of ashes against the house wall so took a few pictures of him.
I have also started to wonder if the pair of blackduck which were so nervous is not the same pair as the ones that are here now. This pair is so laid back while the other two seemed ready to depart the moment you appeared at the kitchen window.They all look the same of course as there are no distinguishing marks anywhere on them, I wonder do they recognise each other?
Have started a fire engine red jacket for my friend in Clare, I need to do more tuckstitch scarves as well because they have been quite a good seller in the Gallery. We still don't know where we stand over gallery lease etc, but the committee are going ahead and there was a change over yesterday where we all take our stuff off the walls and bring in new stuff to put back.
We went to our first swapmeet on Sunday and it will be our last s well. The junk people display to sell is amazing, rusty bits we would have diced long since. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess and my idea of beauty is somewhat different. I had hoped to see some plants and books but the books were all car manuals of course.
The man for the pump came after lunch and he will bring a pump for the septic tank as well as one for my pond. It will be connected to the terracotta fish fountain and hopefully serve the purpose of aerating the water as well as looking aesthetic and it will please me no end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment