Wednesday 15 August 2012

Art exhibitions Tuesday 12th August

Early this morning I could hear the grey thrush greeting the dawn and shortly after heard an answering call, so it may have found a mate and how exciting that could be, they may nest here and raise a family. The ducks fly into the pond early mornings too, but seem very nervous and don't stay, so perhaps they are nesting up the road somewhere.
We went into Adelaide this morning by train, caught the 9.45am one and we were in Adelaide by 10.30am...how good is that, no stress about driving in or finding a car park when you get there!!
We walked to the museum and went in to see the Waterhouse exhibition. The works were of very high standard again and there were more 3D pieces and works on paper and less paintings.
After lunch at the Museum, we walked on to the Art gallery to see the exhibitions, one by Lidia Groblicka of her woodblock prints and her lino cuts and the other by Anna Platten called "the devil is in the detail". Both were very expressive of the times these artists lived and the moral dilemmas we as women face. Platten is in the "now" and Groblicka saw life in a war torn Europe and an almost innocent Australia of the 50ies and 60ies. I found it all facinating but in retrospect find myself thinking more about  Platten's immages and symbolism in her paintings than the woodcut prints.
13th August. When I went into the studio this morning to switch on the aircon, to my horror I found bits of styrofoam all over the bench below the aircon unit, so rang the firm who installed it and luckily they had a man coming to Willunga this afternoon so he was going to call in about three.
My piano playing friend arrived promptly at ten and we played Vivaldi and part of De Fesch for an hour. At 11 am my violin and viola friends arrived and my piano friend left. After a coffee we went and tackled the Haydn Trio which will take a bit of practice. The aircon man arrived about 2.30pm and found that mice or rats had indeed eaten a lot of the styrofoam so he plugged the holes in the wall and hopefully they can't get in. I bought a lot of poison and have put that under the shed. The rabbits are getting about too and I found a dead kitten rabbit in the little shed at the entrance.

1 comment:

  1. As I am learning to blog, I was delighted to discover your blog and look forward to following what is happening in your world. Carmel D'Almeida♥

    ReplyDelete