Thursday 28 October 2021

Two Tawny Chicks Discovered in the Nest....

Such excitement this afternoon when I went to say "G'Day to the Tawny family and find two little faces peering at me with Dad in the back ground....

You wonder how they all fit in the very modest nest made of a few twigs and grasses and I do hope one isn't going to fall out onto the little shed roof...

At present I am writing this during wild winds and lashing rain so I do hope they will all survive this night of thunder and lightening..

Yesterday I took photos of the paddock to the west of the house. My share farmer gave up using the three acres I have here, as he had to come from quite a long way to bring his machinery. So he organized for another bloke to come in and plant a crop. Sadly this man has let me down rather badly and the paddock has become a great mess of weeds, the tall, yellow flowering plant is mustard weed and all sorts of weeds have come up. A lot of the usual wild oats of course but also dock, which is a deep rooted plant hard to get rid of.

So this morning I had another local man come in and he slashed the paddock for me.

You can see the difference and I will be able to walk over to the shed where the little old truck and the ancient tractor now live and check to see they are OK.

Next season I hope to have someone plant pasture, so it will be ready when the horses come over from Western Australia.


 The Tan Iris has produced another bloom which is a wonderful surprise too....

What with the twin Tawnies and double Tan iris blooms...life can be full of surprises

It is raining cats and dogs outside now, do hope my feathered friends will keep dry somehow....

No comments:

Post a Comment