Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Treasure of a Day



Had a fabulous cello lesson this morning with my teacher saying she thought I had really progressed with my Elegie by Faure...it spurs me on. After lunch I went to Noarlunga and Harvey Normans to see about a graphic tablet and my friend there offered me a used Nikon D80 for a price I couldn't refuse.When I arrived home with it and showed Brian he was over the moon for me, so now we will be able to go on photo shoots together!.
Tuesday 18th December.
This morning the light was so beautiful I took more shots of the flowering Raintree and the pond.The Agapanthus are very vivid this year too, though they all need to be revitalised after the flowering, dug up and sorted out.
We are getting close to Christmas now and we still haven't got a little tree yet, perhaps tomorrow ( creeps in this petty pace from day to day) can't remember the rest of that quote...
My violin friend rang this morning sounding somewhat stressed so we have cancelled our music playing till after the New year unless we find a free day between now and then. what is it with the Christmas season? Everyone seems to get so wound up, food seems to be the major worry, yet we have so much now we are able to buy. Looked at some turkey legs in the supermarket this morning and I wondered if they may not have been emu? they were huge (and tough I imagine) still, done in the slow cooker they would be fine with wine and herbs......

2 comments:

  1. Dear TOA,
    How fantastic is it to be able to read what you are doing. You continue to astound me with all your knowledge on the flora & fauna. Where oh where did you learn all this. I love reading your blog and I hope you continue for years to come. Cheers. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yvonne, thank you for your kind comments. It is very simple to learn when you concentrate on the backyard you live in, perhaps it just means perhaps that I have learned to be more observant and look up in books what I don't know and so add to my knowledge a little.
      Cheers TOA ( The Old Aunt )

      Delete