Tuesday 2 October 2012

Change of mind

Have changed my mind over wanting a Friesian horse for my birthday...my son and husband will be very relieved, after all $16000.00 is not to be sneezed at. The reason I have changed my mind is that I watched a video clip on how to care for your Friesian. One fetlock takes 10 minutes to wash, condition and blowdry, there are four fetlocks....the mane takes 40 min and the tail ditto, plus curry combing and brushing!!!! Well, I would need a groom to go with the horse and then a farrier, a horse trailer, saddlery , rugs , stable, feed, vet bills.....I think I will ask for a new set of strings for my cello, more likely to get those......
Late yesterday afternoon one of the bronze wing pigeons sat on the far side of the pond just gazing. I tried to get a photo but the light wasn't good enough for a decent shot, so I can't publish it. The bird seems very nervous so I couldn't go outside because it would have flown off . Then one of the wild ducks splashed down in the pond and that was the end of viewing the pigeon. The rabbits are getting bolder by the day and one was sitting right near the front door garden this morning. My neighbour  heard a fox bark one night and then heard a rabbit scream so it obviously caught one. She has already lost two hens and a rooster to a fox, they are breeding up too.No one shoots them these days so they are bound to proliferate.
When I was doing Gallery duty on Monday, took a photo of this stunning paperbark tree in the Willunga main steet. The seat underneath is made out of tree limbs by a local artist.

1 comment:

  1. My Bronze wings come and go and yes are shy. This morning an unknown bird gave the sweetest song, at 4.30 am but I was awake any how. Don't know what it was, but it sounded like a real conversation.
    Ok I too will cancel my order for a Friesian Horse, sounds like a full time job, but what splendour. Will have to settle for a couple of piglets!!
    XXR

    ReplyDelete