Sunday 7 April 2024

6th April in Memory of Greg 44 years ago

                                                        he smiled into my eyes

                                                        spoke his first true words

                                                        when in my arms I fed him

                                                        uh uh, thank you, so melted my heart

                                                        yet later ran a devious circle

                                                        round my trusting heart

                                                        and paid for it with life

                                                        cut short upon his motorbike

                                                        so deep the grave

                                                        upon the Skilly hill.....

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dear Greg - Such a loving memory Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem cuts to my heart. It is beautifully written. I love the photo and the memory of him smiling and saying his first words in your arms. I will never forget this sad poem. Thank you Tineke.

      Delete