Wednesday 22 January 2014

Altar Bistro For Fabulous Food !!

Today Brian and I went to lunch at the Altar Bistro as Brian had not been there except when his son Perry and family were over in November and we had coffees and cake. I had been to lunch there with our craft group back in October and was so impressed with the food and service as was everyone else , that I was keen to show Brian how good it is.
We arrived at 12.30pm as I had booked just in case things were very busy. I always like to book ahead if at all possible so as to be assured of a table.
We were warmly greeted by staff and shown to our table. I love the tablecloths and proper napkins with a dear little rose in a small vase fresh from the garden.
We took out time looking through the neat menu and Brian chose the slow cooked pork while I can't ever go past duck which is served as an entree.
A glass of Minko pinot noir seemed a good choice to go with both the duck and the pork.
The food takes a while to arrive as you know it is being prepared fresh so we never mind waiting.
We are in our Epicurus stage of life when food and all things are to be savored at leisure, that is the beauty of retirement, we no longer have to hurry...
The flavors are just superb and neither of us spoke during the meal, just concentrating on the delight of good food carefully prepared and beautifully presented.
Because my lunch was an entree I felt I could have desert as well and I can tell you, the creme brulee is to die for, (als of een engeltje over je tong poept) just fabulous. The coffee too, was hot and strong.... we went home feeling we had a dining experience few Adelaide restaurants would match
I urge you all to support this treasure of a place in Willunga!!

No comments:

Post a Comment