Sunday 18 November 2012

Painting Garden Furniture



Today was "feed the potplants" day, I feed them on a Sunday as for some reason I seem to view it as spiritual practice. The plants love it of course and respond well with flowers and healthy foliage the next week. Brian painted the little verandah table as well as the old fashioned slatted garden seat we have. It all looks very Zen, so neat and clean!
The above rose is "Ian Thorpe" it is still in its pot and will be till next autumn when we will start planting ou new rose garden.We are thrilled with this rose, it cuts beautifully and the colour is soft and lovely.There are sixteen round bales of hay off our little patch and the Willunga hills in the background are becoming more and more wooded. They used to be so bare when we first arrived here twenty two years ago but people have planted trees which have done so well considering we have had a ten year drought. As I went around our place this morning, looking for the Tawney Frogmouths, I took photos of the bales of hay as well as the rose and the pommygranite flowers. The young Murray Magpies were sitting in a row on the gumtree limb but I couldn't get them to pose as their parents were very uppity and screaming warning notes at me.The Willy Wagtails young are doing their own thing now, and the Black birds are still breeding. Have planted Queensland blue pumpkin seeds this morning in the chook yard so hopefully they will do well there.The ground was like concrete where I generally have my vegies, it would be good to have some rain again.

1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkins plants were a dead loss in the chook yard, I watered and watered them and they refused to grow beyond the support I had up for them.I am commenting in September 2013! it shows my disappointment with them

    ReplyDelete