Sunday 1 May 2022

Origami and Knit-Weaving

It has taken a while for me to get  my enthusiasm back for knit-weaving. I do enjoy it, as it is a very straight forward process on the knitting machine I use. Doing the origami garments is excellent for using up oddments of yarn in the weaving in process.

I had to refer to my notes of years ago when I taught this method at the South Australian Machine Knitting camp at Melrose. Putting in the neckline is the most difficult part as it has to be a cut-and-sew job which can be very tricky if you have cut the knitted piece and find it is in the wrong position...

I will show the finished garment later in the week after having sewn it together and put in the neck opening.

My sister Jo, came to stay over the Easter break and we decided , that rather than drive anywhere, we would have our picnic in what we call "The Hundred Acre Wood" which is about fifty yards from the kitchen. Not only did we enjoy our picnic but were able to drink a bottle of Pinot Gris and not have to worry about breathalisers ....we had a lovely rest in the Studio afterwards, listening to Vivaldi's cello concertos...five of them....


 The Autumn light in the morning can be very lovely at the moment, it is my favourite time of the year...cool days and crispy mornings...

The vines are all colouring now and no doubt the wine is fermenting nicely in the winery vats....it will be interesting what the winemakers think of this vintage....

Let certain overseas countries drink Aqua Pura......

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your blog and how much you enjoy and make the most of your surroundings.
    You don't have to go far to have a lovely time. Look forward to seeing the finished garment.
    See you at book club.
    ld

    ReplyDelete