Wednesday 10 March 2021

Near Death Experience....

Well, yesterday there was a terrific bang on the dining room window. It is usually a bird which cannot distinguish the glass as it tries to hurry through to the next scene which is the other side of the house.... the windows line up with the other side of the house and shows the garden beyond.... So I went out to find what bird it was this time.The bird is a Rainbow Lorikeet and there it was, feet in the air and appeared to be dead as a Dodo.

When I trained my camera on it to record it's beautiful colours, I noticed it breathing and with the click of the photo being taken, suddenly righted itself and asked where it was..."Where am I " it seemed to say.

It sat for a little while and I was able to take more

photos as it recovered its breath.Then suddenly it decided , enough of posing for photos and shuffled about a bit and got ready for take off.

Finally it flew of shrieking furiously and joined its noisy mates up in the flowering gum trees. I wondered for a while why the parrot families have such harsh and penetrating voices.

I think perhaps the Creator of this bird, having painted it in such beautiful colours, said to it," you are gorgeously adorned and to stop you from becoming a totally, selfish and self opinionated bird you can only make a harsh and shrieking sounds. I have given the melodious voices to the more drab looking birds, like the Thrush which is clothed in plain dove grey feathers and the Magpie in its lovely black and white evening dress it wears all day as well".


 Oh, just indulge me....

The apricot water lily has been flowering for a few days, Brian would have been pleased to see it , as he bought it specially... the Yellow fringe lilies are there too . Underneath but not visible are a large number of Gold fish, so the White face Heron has not swallowed them all... sadly it may have eaten all the frogs as I don't hear any frog noise at all now at night.....nothing to amuse me at four in the morning....

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Tineke. Truly beautiful. Thank you. Your blogs remind me of Colette the great French writer, who wrote about the teaming life in her mother’s garden. The blogs and the haiku are very very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine for your fine comment.I will look up some of Collette's writings, we seem to be very much into reading very diverse books of late, my latest author is Madeleine St John who wrote " The Ladies in black"

      Delete
  2. Excellent photos. My friend Andrew told me recently about a bird that flew into one of his windows three times in a row. Or, at least, he thought it was the same bird. Stunned itself each time.

    ReplyDelete