Wednesday 21 June 2017

More Wildlife at Willunga

There was a little bat hanging on the sun blind of the small studio window this afternoon.I think it maybe a micro-bat.....
It was there last weekend when our visitors were looking at my small textile art works and I did take some photos of it when it fell down on the tarpaulin covering the rain water pump.
But this afternoon I was able to get the camera before it got away. So there it is, hanging upside down with its big ears showing up quite well.
Remember to click on the photo to get a better look.
The photo of the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo was taken a month or so ago when he and his mates were very intent on decimating our walnut crop, it was not amused when I made violent attempts to shift them, as you can see by its open beak and its raised crest.....I told them this was not their native food at all and they could go and eat gum nuts etc and prune gumtrees elsewhere....they flew off.... screaming obsceneties
The photo on the left is of an unusual moth which was sitting on the patio window screen one morning.
You can see the reflection of me taking the photo
 which makes it quite interesting.
The Willy Wagtails are making the patio their territory and early in the morning they mooch around on the bricks picking up insects of the night.......They too, can become quite vocal if things are not to their liking.....

6 comments:

  1. They flew off screaming obscenities describes them very well. Tricky photo to take of the very small bat. It looks like textile art to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul for your comment. Did you know (I only found out this morning) that Friends of the Aldinga scrub have been putting out bat monitoring equipment in the Scrub and also in various private properties? This is to see what varieties there are and how active or not the little bats are in winter

      Delete
  2. Hello aunty Tineke. I have just started reading your blog and have really enjoyed it. I have now started my own and I hope you can read it. from Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique, thank you so much for your comment,it is always lovely to know someone has looked at my blog. Have you also looked at my Textile Creations blog? Would you like to send me the url for your blog ? as I would be very interested to read it. Have fun....aunty Tineke

      Delete
    2. Your welcome. I have not seen your textile creation blog but i will have to. This is the link to my blog.

      http://drawingwithjoy.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/get-to-know-me.html

      Hope to see you some time soon, from Monique

      Delete
  3. hello again, this is the link to my blog. http://drawingwithjoy.blogspot.com.au/
    (i hope it works for you)
    From Monique

    ReplyDelete