Saturday 3 September 2016

After SALA

 This is not going to be much of a blog as I could not seem to find the photos I wanted to add. Is it me or is it the laptop.....
It can be very frustrating to have ones' routine of setting these blogs in motion, altered to such an extend you can't find the photos easily,let alone choose the ones you want .
Enough already......
Our SALA month is now well and truly over and I find myself making small things at present.
 The above are two artist diaries with covers.
The one on the left is a fairisle design and knitted on my brother 860 knitting machine. It sold during SALA but the person has not yet picked it up.
The one on the right I finished this morning. It is knit-woven, the background yarn is a mix of fine cotton yarns and the weaving in yarn was fine ribbon.
I also did a batch of greeting cards yesterday, the painting was done in acrylic on a separate paper
 and then attached to the black card. I am quite pleased with them and my friends and family can look forward to getting them for birthdays or just as an "Hello".....
The two manikins each wear knit-woven kimonos with matching hats. I had hoped some fond grandmother or auntie might have bought these for a favored child but no one did and so they will stand in the studio to cheer me up on lackluster days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment