Friday 2 May 2014

Lost Cat and Black Dogs

Dramas invariably happen when someone is staying with you.
Our guests had been over to see friends on Mundoo Island for the day and came back early evening, asking, since when, had we had a blue cat? Well, we don't have a cat because though I like cats, I like little birds about the place better.
We ,or rather I, did not encourage it in and hoped it would go back to where it came from. In the morning, there it was meowing at the glass door when I got up to make the morning cuppa.

 I felt obligated to give it some food of course and gave it a mouse I had caught in the trap.It wolfed it down and so I gave it a bit of mince as well.We went away for the day and when we came back it was there again, waiting. So of course we let it in and that was the end of it. It settled in.I rang the neighbours to see if any of them were boarding a cat but no, no one was. In the morning though, our guests decided since we really didn't want the cat, they would take it to the Vet and see if it was microchipped. It wasn't
so they had to take it all the way to Lonsdale to the RSPCA who would hold it and find a home for it.
I do like black dogs. The one above was saved from a terrible home life by friends whose dogs had died recently and they were ready for another dog. It is taking them quite a while to gain its trust but it is coming along well. It loves the beach and is getting used to having strangers in its home.
The dog above is a black Labrador whose mistress is our neighbour and who brought it over for a visit and  to teach it to lead and sit and have some manners. It is a lovely dog.
The Border Collie on the right was having a wonderful time at Formbe Bay. I was a bit worried it might tumble over the cliff into the sea in its exuberance, they are such active and bright dogs, but no, it stopped when asked to have its photo taken...its master was taking his paddle board down to the beach and the dog followed
I am not sure what it would do when left on the beach while the boss paddled out to catch a wave......

4 comments:

  1. I have tried three times with longer paragraphs to publish. Now this will be brief. Hello blessings and you are so fortunate to be graced with such creatures visiting. I smiled at the thought of a Cat eating a mouse crunchy bones and all....I imagine most modern Cats would say WHAT IS THIS, no pre packed in cellophane, small bite sized salted bits? If this works and publishes then I shall comment more and keep in touch
    Blessings HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that worked....... Third time lucky. Tineke you have a Tonkanese or Abyssinian cat blend there, well you can almost feel royal to be selected. As for the hounds what an eclectic collection. All you need is a small black Poodle and one of those sleek dark Greyhounds and you have the complete range. Middlemiss Boarding kennels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIther will try and see if this will work. |Did not think of Abyssinian !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you both found out how to leave a comment. I know a lot of my friends have given up because it does seem so tricky to have to prove you are not a Robot.......

    ReplyDelete