Thursday 28 November 2013

Wildlife and Fire wood

We seem to have a kangaroo wandering through not just the hay paddock but also sauntering past the Studio front windows in the morning.
Tonight he was in the hay paddock and I went out to make sure he wasn't looking at my strawberry patch in the old wheelbarrow. I spoke to him and he wasn't the least bit interested in what I had to say. In fact I wondered if he could actually see me I got so close to him. I don't mind one of them but I will not be amused if he brings along all his other relations which live up the road a bit.
The bronze wing pigeon is still hanging around and has a mate booming away in the distance.
I find them a curious bird as they land quite a way from the pond and then walk in for their drink. That takes quite a while too as he wants to make sure there is no danger lurking behind the rocks. The colours in their wings are so lovely
and this time he displayed them for me to capture it on the photo.The crested pigeon is also considered a kind of bronze wing.
 The Tawny frogmouths  were in the vines again the other day but since then I haven't seen them
not even in the Pepper tree which they frequent .
The Murray Magpies are nesting again, sitting on a new batch of eggs in the same nest. The Willy wagtails seem to have stopped breeding. One year they had four batches of young but Dad decided they ought to all leave home and started attacking the youngster which wouldn't leave.I think in the end it died sadly.
We have finished carting the wood Anton cut up for us from that half a tree that came down in the ferocious winds last week. It looks a respectable heap and will dry out in the sun ready for next winter. It is all stacked by the chook yard.
I miss my chooks but won't get any more till I have a better chookshed as the present one is too hard to keep clean and isn't very hygienic.
Perhaps it can be a project when everything else has been caught up with......

No comments:

Post a Comment